Re: Network Connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: Network Connection
Date
List pgsql-general
On 16/03/2004 19:20 Valter wrote:
> I have started postmaster and connected thru psql and that is ok.
>
> But when I try to connect over the network I get a connection refused
> message, inquiring if server is running on port 5432.
>
> I am using Mandrake Linux 9.2 and pgsql 7.3.4 (which cames with Mandrake)

Have you edited postgresql.conf to set tcpip_socket = true ? If this is
not done then you can't access the database using tcp/ip. Also, edit
pg_hba.conf to allow you connect from another machine. Remember to restart
the database afterwards.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |