Re: ODBC Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Finner
Subject Re: ODBC Support
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:02:10 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> sat down, thought long and then
wrote:

> "Paul Simpson" <Paul.Simpson@spgs.org> writes:
> > Thank you for your responses. Perhaps I need to clarify.
>
> > I'm trying to run a windoze front-end application (which I didn't
> > write) against a PostgreSQL back-end. So I presume it's the Windoze ODBC
> > drivers I need (I have these, although it would seem that there are
> > several varieties available - is there a list around anywhere?).
>
> You also need the Postgres-specific low-level drivers for Windows;
> again these are available from the psqlodbc project.  However, you
> are getting way off topic for pgsql-general (not to mention way past
> my knowledge of how to configure ODBC on Windows).

After installation of these MSW-ODBC drivers configuration is quite straightforward: Not much more
than entering server, database, user, password, in the usual ODBC creation area is needed, and the
whole thing is running. We use it since about two years without any problems for transferring data
from PostgreSQL (web application) to Centura, Oracle and some other databases we (have to) use on
MSW.

Regards, Frank.