Re: The big MySQL spin - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: The big MySQL spin
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:00:41AM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Benevolent oligarchy is the term you want.
>
> Benevolent oligarchic meritocracy, perhaps.  It seems to me that this
> project takes more seriously than any other I've seen the idea that
> the best code wins, and you'd better be able to explain your idea of
> "best".  Sure, one can get skewered pretty badly on -hackers for being
> wrong; that's good.  It sure seems to make for better code.  Also, it
> seems to make for remarkably few political struggles.

Ya, its been something we've been complimented on many times over the
years ... the "low incidence" of flame wars on the lists ... we have the
occasional, but they never get too far out of hand, or last long ... I
think we tend to be a relatively mature (not old, just mature) group ...

----