Re: Are Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs available for SuSE 9.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Are Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs available for SuSE 9.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 04 March 2004 05:34 am, Gellert, Andre wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> currenty we use Suse Linux 9 and the rpms with 7.4.0 downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.gmd.de/mirrors2/suse/ftp.suse.com/people/max/postgresql-7.4/ .

> I don't know how to contact the person who build this rpms ,
> and i cannot find other resources on the web, so does anyone
> know a place to get Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs for SuSE 9.0 ?

> Compiling them myself would be easy on test machines, but our
> server adminstration must get RPMs .

The person is Reinhard Max.  The SuSE RPMs are considerably different from the
RPMs that I produce; my RPMs are pretty well inoperable on SuSE.  You would
need to get the SuSE 9.0 7.4 SOURCE RPM, edit its spec file for 7.4.1, and
rebuild it using the 7.4.1 tarball.  Then you can install those binary RPMS.
I have no SuSE machines on which to build, so I am unable to do so.  The
contact e-mail is in the source RPM's spec file.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology