Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Frankly, working WITH the community isn't easy. There is a huge if "it
> ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Which is fine, except that there
> is a LOT broke and people don't pay attention to it and when people
> bring it up they get slammed.

The problem is that everyone on the list acknowledges that it *is* broken,
and that it does *need* to be fixed ... hell, everyone on the list even
welcomes Alexey's input and work towards fixing it ... what nobody is
welcoming is his "do it my way or no way" attitude ...

> You may also want to take into account that Alexy is obviously not a
> native English speaker. His dialect is probably coming across harsher than
> is meant.

Odd, words from his own mouth state that he's doing it because he feels
that a temper tantrum will get more done, faster ...

----