Re: Quad Xeon vs. Dual Itanium - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Quad Xeon vs. Dual Itanium
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:44:55PM +0800, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> Hmm, do you mean 64 bit postgresql on Solaris-Sparc isn't significantly
> better performance-wise than 32 bit postgresql on Solaris-Sparc?

Not in any test I've ever run.  I haven't tried again lately, mind
you.  And I never had the Sun compiler, which, for all I know, does a
better job with 64 bit binaries than gcc.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie