Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> I've been waffling on this same issue actually. One of the presentations
> is going to be a "using advanced database features to reduce application
> re-coding".  It will mainly deal with views and stored procedures as a
> talk, but I could go into more detail if they want a full blown
> tutorial. Is there any reason not to submit it both ways and let them
> pick which one they prefer? assuming they prefer either ;-)

Actually, "they" is quite intimate; primary selection will be done by several
members of the PG community, with OSCON just exercising veto power.    So it
won't be strangers evaluating your proposal!

The hard part will be deciding who doesn't get to present at all :-(

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions