Re: Organizing the OSCON presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Organizing the OSCON presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > I am going to submit my "Adoption and Trends" talk for a "State of
> > PostgreSQL" talk. I think it is general enough and has lots of
> > interesting ideas even for non-PostgreSQL folks.
>
> OK.   I'll contact O"Reilly to make sure that this talk is given "State of"
> status.   Last year, the "State of PostgreSQL" was conspicous by its
> absence ...
>
> Of course, one of the other things the OSS public really want to know is
> what's currently being worked on in PostgreSQL.   Are you willing to cover
> that, in brief, or should we figure out some other way?

This is the talk I would give for a State of the Union:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/adoption_and_trends.pdf

Here is the description:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/selecting.html

(They don't have to pay my expenses, but if they want to ...)

Of course, updated for current development status.  Josh, would you
submit this?  I am not sure how to submit such a presentation.  Thanks.