Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
This is where I think we are so far with regards
to OSCON2004.  If I've got something wrong or
too vague, please contact me.

I will provide updates to this list
as new information becomes available.

--elein

===================================
This information is also on my wiki:
        http://cookie.varlena.com/BlueSky/OsCon2004
        htaccess: (varlena/varlena)
        wiki user: (varlena)
===================================
OSCON 2004

Contacts

    * PostgreSQL: Elein, Josh Berkus
    * OReilly Contact: chromatic

Off site get together

    * Joshua Drake @ Command Prompt

Swag

    * T-Shirts For Pg Conference goers: Greg Sabino Mullane

            - Sponsor found for these (elein)
    * Other Swag TBD

Financing Speakers

    * Josh Berkus -- Might be some money available

Booth

    * Josh Berkus -- possibly money for this
    * Elein -- scheduling
          * Roderick A. Anderson
          * Josh Berkus
          * Elein
          * Robert Bernier
          * David Fetter

General Speaker

    * Set up: Josh/Elein
    * State of PostgreSQL -- Bruce Momjian: Adoptions and Trends

BOF

    * Schedule -- elein

Tutorials

    * Joe Conway -- (?? day) Extending PostgreSQL with C?
    * Andrew Sullivan -- (1/2 day?) Erserver Replication
    * Elein -- (1/2 day) Intro to PostgreSQL
    * Robert Bernier -- (1/2 day) Datamining email/Perl
    * Greg Sabino Mullane -- (1/2 day) how to use the database to help your DBA and application writers get along with
otherby good use of "advanced" database features
    * Gavin Sherry -- (1/2 day??) Advanced Features and 7.4 Enhancements
    * Robert Treat -- (1/2 day??) Views with pl languages

Talks

    * Joe Conway -- 7.4 enhancements
    * Elein -- ORDBMS Concepts in PostgreSQL
    * Robert Treat -- A Grand Tour of PostgreSQL Modules and Supplimentary Software
    * Josh Berkus -- Performance Tuning, maybe also Indexes
    * Andrew Sullivan -- PostgreSQL Administration
    * Chris Travers -- advanced features of PostgreSQL allow for extremely powerful business databases, eg
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openres
    * George Essig -- tsearch2

Topics Looking for Speakers

    * PostgreSQL on Windows
    * PostGIS
    * Datawarehousing (see also Robert Bernier's tutorial)
    * Server Side Programming languages: plpgsql, plpythonu, plperl, pltcl, plphp