Re: Bricolage: Impressive - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Bricolage: Impressive
Date
Re: Bricolage: Impressive  ("Steve Simms" <steve@deefs.net>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
> > k, seperate VM isn't an issue ... but what is it doing that it needs its
> > own machine?  God, I thought Java programs were the worst, you are saying
> > that this needs more then jakarta-tomcat processes?
>
> Probably not, no.
>
> It does need a seperate VM because of all the Perl stuff and the static
> mod_perl in Apache.

That's doable with the current VM as well, as mod_perl is already
installed ... the only issue that I could see is the port 80 that Steve
mentioned ...

But, the thing with putting it onto its own VM is that it makes it easier
to provide ppl like Elein and Steve access without having access to the
main servers ...

If we are all in agreement that this is the direction we want to go, then
I can get the VM for this setup tomorrow ... who will/should be given
"root" to that VM?  Elein?  Steve?  Josh?  Let me know ...

----