Re: Requirements for updated site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Requirements for updated site
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Odd, at the top on my browser, I see:
> >
> > a) Download
> > b) Mirrors
> > c) Lists
> > d) Users
> > e) Developers
> > f) Docs
> > g) Search
> >
> > Are you sure you are looking at the same site as the rest of us? *scratch
> > head*
>
> Look a bit down. Yes, I'm speaking of these ugly blue columns on the
> both sides that for some strange reason are liked so much in here.

Oh, you seemed to indicate that the stuff important to the users visiting
the site were hidden away ...

Oh, the "ugly blue columns that you are the only one that doesn't like"?
Do you have a proposal that would be acceptable to everyone else on how to
improve things?  And please don't re-send the original URL that my 2 year
old could have done a better job of with her crayons ... I'm still getting
over my headache from seeing it the last time ...

> Like, move to a saner color palette from the current week-old-corpse one? ;]

Look forward to seeing what you have in mind ...

BTW, while you are pounding on something that nobody else here seems to
agree about, the rest of us are working on those issues that have been
highlighted as 'needing to do' before we even visit redesigning the site
... if you want to be helpful, you might want to re-focus your energies on
what has a chance of being done now, instead of beating a dead horse ...

There are alot of ppl on this list, all of whom have opinions ... some ppl
on this list have been working *with* the rest for several years now ...
each has their own opinions on things, but each works with the rest for
the overall good ... so far, all your threads have amounted to "my way is
right, your way is wrong, let's change to my way" ...

A site re-design will *not* happen for at least another 6 months, as there
are higher priority things in the works ... now, if you would like to
re-focus your efforts on that in a non-antogonistic way, maybe we can get
those issues resolved and can then focus on a site re-design?  Or doesn't
the 'backend stuff' interest you?

----