Re: Todo for 'portal', programmers perspective - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Todo for 'portal', programmers perspective
Date
Re: Todo for 'portal', programmers perspective  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Do we really need a template for each static page? Can we not rewrite
> requests such that xxx.html becomes template.php?file=xxx.html or
> similar?

Heaven, please no URLs like that.

In fact I would propose, for a future iteration perhaps, to put each
file in a separate directory and name them index.lang.{html,php} and
only publish the directory based URLs.  Compare the links at

http://www.debian.org/
http://www.kde.org/
http://www.gnome.org/

All the URLs are very readable and don't expose implementation details.