Re: Animated advertisement banners - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Animated advertisement banners
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> >> From: Michael Glaesemann [mailto:grzm@myrealbox.com]
> >> I find the large size detracts from the PostgreSQL masthead
> >> itself (but that's just my opinion).
> >
> > Large? They're only 120x120...
>
> Like I said, just my opinion. With an 'average' window size (roughly
> 840 pixels wide), they're a third of the masthead (not counting the
> gray border). Personally, I find that large. I agree it's not as large
> as one of the standard banner ads.

size is non-negiable, since any smaller and you can't get anything into
them ... even now, its a bugger compared to the large ones ... placement
is a bit more negotiable, but visibility is critcal here, so I can't see
there is much optional there :(

----