Re: Rewriting the website - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Rewriting the website
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >Ummm, but the site is mirrorable, and has been for months now ... how else
> >do you think we have so many mirrors right now?  Both Robert and Dave went
> >to great pains to make sure that it was mirrorable ...
> >

> The website is mirroable? When we last spoke (granted is was several
> months ago, possibly longer)
> the website wasn't mirroable.
>
> Do we have dynamic DNS or someone who is a failover point so we never
> loose connectivity?

DNS has been mirrored through lerctr.org since before this past summer:

Name Server:NS-A.LERCTR.ORG
Name Server:NS.HUB.ORG
Name Server:NS-B.LERCTR.ORG
Name Server:NS2.HUB.ORG
Name Server:NS3.HUB.ORG

And the web is currently being mirrored to ... 106 sites right now,
according to DNS ...

ftp is beign mirrored to 103 sites ...

last i heard, a couple of sites were mirroring cvs as well, but they
aren't for others to use, only to provide redundancy ...

----