Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Marc, I would like to set up a list a marketplan@postgresql.org.
> > This list will be used strictly for discussion of our "sales message"
> > and "marketing materials", with no tangents or general discussion.
> > OK with everyone?
>
> There shouldn't be any tangents or general discussion on -advocacy
> either -- that's what -general is for.  A one-time incident should not
> lead to such drastic measures.  If the marketing plan is no longer
> discussed on -advocacy, what is?
>
> Incidentally, if you're not interested in off-topic discussions, don't
> read them.  Follow the threads that interest you.

I kinda have to agree with Peter on this ... I'll create the other list if
needed, but fear it will have a negative effect by splitting things up too
much ... if ppl were to make sure that they change the subject if a
tangent happens, then those that aren't interested can avoid it, but there
really isn't *that* much traffic here, IMHO, to warrant "yet another list"
:(

----