Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz> writes:
> > These results seem pretty good to me...
>
> FWIW, I see pretty decent search speed when I go to
> http://www.postgresql.org/search.cgi
> but pretty lousy search speed when I try a similar query at
> http://archives.postgresql.org/
>
> Could we get the latter search engine cranked up?

Odd ... I'm doing all my searches using archives ... note that both use
the same backend database, so the only thing I can think of is that when
you use search.cgi, its not including everything on http://archives.*,
which will cut down the # of URLs found by ~300k out of 390k ... smaller
result set ...

----