Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 04 January 2004 16:46, Paul Ganainm wrote:
> xzilla@users.sourceforge.net says...
>
> > Do you have a link that verifies this?  I hadn't heard this at all and
> > find it somewhat surprising given their disregard for the initial
> > complaints...
>
> OK, link per se I do not have, but if you look in some of the Firebird
> (the database) lists, you will find serious complaints - try
> news.atkin.com if you want to search.
>
> Take a look at www.mozilla.org to see how "committed" they are to
> removing the "Firebird" name from their offering. It should have gone
> ages ago, they could have even said something like "Mozilla Firebird",
> but no, it's all Firebird this and Firebird that...

err... i think you misunderstood... I'm was looking for a link to show the
mozilla folks saying they would stop using the firebird name. I've never
heard such a thing, while I have heard the opposite, and the info you site
above only seems to verify that mozilla plans to use firebird in the future.

Robert Treat