Re: Mnogosearch (Was: Re: website doc search is ... ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Mnogosearch (Was: Re: website doc search is ... )
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > what sort of impact does CLUSTER have on the system?  For instance, an
> > index happens nightly, so I'm guessing that I'll have to CLUSTER each
> > right after?
>
> Depends; what does the "index" process do --- are ndict8 and friends
> rebuilt from scratch?

nope, but heavily updated ... basically, the indexer looks at url for what
urls need to be 're-indexed' ... if it does, it removed all words from the
ndict# tables that belong to that url, and re-adds accordingly ...

----