Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Casey Allen Shobe
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
D. Dante Lorenso (Sunday 28 December 2003 00:45)
> The only SQL customizations that MySQL has that I really miss in PostgreSQL
> are the commands:
>
>     SHOW DATABASES;
>     SHOW TABLES;
>     DESC table;

I agree here.  Similarly, one of the things I miss most from DB2 is 'LIST
TABLES'.  I don't have any problem at all remembering \commands - the only
problem is, as you described, that they are unique to psql.

One of the things I miss most from MSSQL is the ability to use variables.
Supposedly MySQL has this ability as well.  I can come up with a very good
reason if you want to hear it ;-).

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com