Re: PostgreSQL services in Romania

From: Bruce Momjian
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL services in Romania
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Re: PostgreSQL services in Romania  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: PostgreSQL services in Romania  (Bruno LEVEQUE, )
 Re: PostgreSQL services in Romania  (Adrian Maier, )

Adrian Maier wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Mr.Vatamanescu emailed me yesterday, asking me if we could establish
> a meeting regarding a possible partnership between HQConsulting (their
> company) and PostgreSQL. According to their website
> (http://www.hqsoftware.ro) they are already 'IBM bussiness parner' and
> 'Sybase partner and distributor'. And they want to extend their services
> and become PostgreSQL partners, too. Which is obviously a good thing !
>
> I am not sure what to do, because I don't consider myself in position
> to represent the PostgreSQL Global Development Group or establish
> partnerships in its name.
>
> How does the PostgreSQL community handle this kind of partnership
> proposals?

We don't really have partnerships because the global community doesn't
sell anything or endorse specific companies.  They are encouraged to
sell and support PostgreSQL as part of their business.