Re: add column sillyness - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: add column sillyness
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Paul Ganainm wrote:

> rick@alpinenetworking.com says...
>
> > Yes, I didn't mean to make a statement about firebird support (which I know
> > nothing about)
>

> But that didn't stop you actually making an (untrue) statement about it!

What statement? That he doubted it? Given that he was admittedly not an
expert on the issue (since he was asking about firebird), I think acting
like he was making a statement of fact is reaching.  At best I'd say it
was an implication, and from his followup it's obvious that he didn't
intend it that way.