Re: New News Entry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: New News Entry
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

> > I think so. I don't see any English references to this news.  The
> > important part for me isn't the product, but that a _very_ big company is
> > promoting PostgreSQL.
>
> I agree, Fujitsu is a "name" company.  Having them behind postgresql is huge.

"behind" PostgreSQL is kinda weak ... to the best of my knowledge,
everything they are doing is totally proprietary, with nothing actually
contributed back to the community ... Bruce, has any of that changed since
we first heard about their plans?

----