Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website

From: Bruce Momjian
Subject: Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Marek Lewczuk, )
 Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Peter Eisentraut, )
  Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Marek Lewczuk, )
    Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Marek Lewczuk, )
 Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website  (Bruce Momjian, )

Marek Lewczuk wrote:
> Hello,
> A few weeks ago I talked with Josh Berkus, and I told him, that I would
> like to join PG advocacy team, becouse I'm the owner of postgresql.pl
> domain and I would like to create polish PostgreSQL community.
>
> Well - a few words about me. I'm from Poland, I have my own company,
> which makes software for business - currently I'm working on a very big
> project for the automotive market - it's analysis software, which can
> produce statistics about the market. It will be also used as a
> e-commerce platform for car buyers - something like autos.msn.com or
> autobytel.com. The database is quite complex - there are about 300
> tables, and every day there are about 10 000 new records (totaly). I
> could tell about this project much more, but I don't think that you are
> interested in this.
>
> So my question is, do I have a green light to run polish PostgreSQL
> website. Of course I will ask my friends (which are using PostgreSQL in
> Poland) to help me with this. For sure I will try to promote PostgreSQL
> in Poland and also to help users in using PG.
>
> I will be appreciated for any answer,

You certainly have permission to set up a Polish PostgreSQL web site.  I
know there is a Japanese one, and a Portuguese one too, I think.  You
can put local content on there, and link to our main site where
appropriate.