Re: gforge - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chris Ryan
Subject Re: gforge
Date
Re: gforge  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-www
    With respect to GBorg vs GForge, or any other project hosting site
infrastructure for that matter, it is my firm belief that you should do
what is best for the PostgreSQL community. Which is best? I am sure
everyone will have their own opinions about that along with the merits
and disadvantages to each choice. If the choice is made to move away
from GBorg I would fully understand and offer my assistance in any
migration effort possible to another system.

    As for the direct development and maintenance of GBorg I often just
simply lack the time to do anything beyond simple maintenance and some
of the smaller enhancements requested by users. One of my biggest
things I've been wanting to do it enhance the admin screens for project
approval and turn that over to this list in the same manner that the
news and events is currently done. If GBorg is to stay around some
changes like that would be great to try and involve more people than
just myself into the process. I could also come up with a list of
things people have asked for in the past that could be worked on.

    If GBorg stays it will need effort and participation from the
community in order to make it into a better development platform. That
is not something I can do by my self.

    In an effort to fix a mistake I have probably made from the
beginning I would like to announce that I do not claim control over the
vision or future of GBorg. I have always tried to do what was desired
by others in the effort to make GBorg useful to the PostgreSQL
community. If the pgsql-www group wants to claim control of the vision
I would encourage it does so.

Chris Ryan