Re: Gforge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Gforge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>to be a nice project. However it also seems to be something that
> >>should not run on a VM and should run on its own machine.
> >>

> >Why?
> >

> Just from a resource perspective.

if gforge.postgresql.org ever grows to the point that I'm worried about
resources, we'll worry about a dedicated server then :)  but I can't see
that happening for several months, as getting ppl to use it will be the
hardest part ...

I've built gforge.postgresql.org as a dedicated VM, though, since it seems
to have a thing with 'shell users' that I don't think would give a warm
feeling to have on the www.postgresql.org VM :)  working through
configuration of it right now ... hope to have it up before end of day
today, at least in its "base configuration" ...

----