Re: Another cool program that uses postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Another cool program that uses postgresql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Saturday 22 November 2003 14:17, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Marc G. Fournier writes:
> > > What's I'd like to see is more projects listed on gborg, even if it
> > > provides a link to the main project site like with the ODBC driver, but
> > > it provides a list of 'postgresql related software' ... kinda like a
> > > freshmeat for PostgreSQL ...
> >
> > I think it might be more suitable and less confusing if there was in fact
> > a freshmeat (in addition to a sourceforge) for PostgreSQL.
>
> k, what does it take to set one up?
>
> re: sourceforge ... are you suggesting replacing gborg with sourceforge
> code though?  is gborg itself *that* broken that it can't be extended to
> do what we want?

I don't know that it's broken, but switching to gforge would certainly give us
more advanced software that would also be maintained by people completly
outside our community.  Given our tight resources, this is certainly a bonus.

Robert Treat