Re: Compare strings which resembles each other - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: Compare strings which resembles each other
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 21 November 2003 15:32, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Christoph Haller wrote:

> > $PGSQLD/contrib/tsearch/README.tsearch
> > is your friend.
>
> I think tsearch(2) isn't what Gulshan need. He needs fuzzy search,
> there are several modules in contrib directory (metaphone, fuzzystrmatch).
> Also, we have trgm module which uses trigram and has index support.

Hi Oleg,

do you have any more information on trgm? According to your
website it isn't released. I am looking for something along those lines
and might be able to assist, at least with testing and documentation.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net