Re: Call from Info World - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Subject Re: Call from Info World
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:10:16AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:

> > > Anyway, Apache might be closest.
> >
> > No, Apache is very dominated by IBM, at least they were a year ago ... I've
> > heard lots of bitching about it from their mailing lists and nasty politics.
>
> Oh, great, there goes that good example.  Are we the only big
> open-source project that isn't controlled by corporations?

Gnome is a big project involving lots of people and lots of corporations,
but it's not controlled by any one of them.  I _think_ it's similar to
PostgreSQL in that there is a core of people that could be said to
"control" it.

"El realista sabe lo que quiere; el idealista quiere lo que sabe" (An�nimo)