Re: Call from Info World - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Call from Info World
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Alvaro,

> Gnome is a big project involving lots of people and lots of corporations,
> but it's not controlled by any one of them.  I _think_ it's similar to
> PostgreSQL in that there is a core of people that could be said to
> "control" it.

Though to hear about it second-hand, the corporations involved collectively
control it; that is, Sun, Ximian, IBM, Novell, and a couple of others all
have execs on the Gnome board and independant contributors don't get any say.
Mind you, this is from a Debian person bitching about it at LinuxWorld 2003,
so they may have been exaggerating ....

That's very different from our project, where corporations have sway over
their contributor-employees, and sometimes not even that.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions