Re: Installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From krishna kumar
Subject Re: Installation problem
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi,
    I get this error while installing postgis on top of cygwin. i have already installed cygwin and its running fine. i have already installed postgres and it is also fine.. but puting postgis on top of postgres is giving error.

krishna.

shiva <shivananda@otcointernational.com> wrote:
Hi

    can u pls tell me when u encounter this error .
    is it while opening cygwin or installing cygwin..

Shivananda
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 8:23 PM
Subject: [CYGWIN] Installation problem

Hi all,
   I've installed cygwin and on top of it postgresql 7.3.4 . Now I want to intall postgis on top  of postgresql. I've tried 0.7.1,0.7.3,0.7.4,0.7.5 versions .All of them are giving me errors saying "gcc exited with status 1, ld exited with status 1.... etc." can anybody suggest me wat might be the reason and how i can overcome this and install successfully.

Thanks in advance,
   Krishna Kumar

Do you Yahoo!?
Fr ee Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now