Re: Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 04:37 pm, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> There is a request from the advocacy-site

> Someone wants to install PostgreSQL on Suse 7.2 and asks which rpm
> package he must use ??

On SuSE _7.2_?!?  It comes with a version of PostgreSQL, but that would be a
question for Reinhard Max, who maintains the SuSE RPM.  Possibly you would
want to try getting the 7.4 SuSE source RPM to rebuild on 7.2.  I seriously
doubt it will rebuild without a lot of work, since the 7.4 RPM was proably
developed for whatever the latest SuSE version is.

SuSE is considerably different from Red Hat, and I don't recommend using Red
Hat RPMs on SuSE.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology