Re: Release cycle length - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Release cycle length
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:33:41PM +0100, Tommi Maekitalo wrote:

> > Does anyone have a comparison of how many lines of code were added in
> > this release compared to previous?
> >
> 7.2.4: 456204 lines of code in 1021 files
> 7.3.4: 480491 lines of code in 1012 files
> 7.4: 554567 lines of code in 1128 files (boah!)

I used SLOCcount by David A. Wheeler at some point on various releases
(including 7.1.3 IIRC) and at some point the number of lines actually
_decreased_.  I didn't look into it in more detail, but I think the
number of lines of code doesn't even come near to telling the whole
story.

You liked Linux a lot when he was just the gawky kid from down the block
mowing your lawn or shoveling the snow. But now that he wants to date
your daughter, you're not so sure he measures up. (Larry Greenemeier)