Re: [GENERAL] Proposal for a cascaded master-slave replication system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Proposal for a cascaded master-slave replication system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:43:03PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> <rant> People often like to say they need hot-fail-capable, five

BTW, this was not a rant at the person posting -- he was just
reporting what he has heard.  I've heard it plenty, too, and the
people whence I've heard it are the rant targets.  Since hot-failover
replication really is indistinguishable from magic in the eyes of the
correctly-shaped-hair crowd, they ask for it all over the place,
figuring it'll be free.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110