Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kiyoshi Sawada
Subject Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:39:49 +0900  Kiyoshi Sawada <sawa@nagoya2.jrc.or.jp> wrote:
> $ nslookup localhost
> Server:  name.server.mydomain
> Address:  xxx.xx.xx.xxx
>   : : :
> (failed test)
> Is it necessary to start a DNS server to bind 'localhost' in Kiyoshi's machine?

I got bind-9.2.2-sol8-intel-local pkg from sun freewear and install to /usr/local.
/usr/local/bin/nslookup(ISC-nslookup) was tried on the state where /usr/local/bin/bind(ISC-bind) is not started yet.

$ /usr/local/bin/nslookup localhost
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         xxx.xx.xx.xxx
Address:        xxx.xx.xx.xxx#53

Name:   localhost
Address: 127.0.0.1

(succesful test)

$ /usr/local/bin/nslookup 127.0.0.1
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         xxx.xx.xx.xxx
Address:        xxx.xx.xx.xxx#53

1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa  name = localhost.

(succesful test)

--
Kiyoshi Sawada