Re: rpm support for 7.4 and beyond - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: rpm support for 7.4 and beyond
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 23:44, Lamar Owen wrote:
> My hands are somewhat tied at the present to only supporting what I actively
> run.  That is currently RHL 8.0 and Fedora Core 1. (not 1.0, incidentally;
> there is no minor version).

Have you tried mach?  http://thomas.apestaart.org/projects/mach/

I know it is used successfully by several 3rd party rpm packaging sites
such as freshrpms.net. Also, it's very easy to setup.

>From the release notes:

WHAT IS IT
----------
mach allows you to set up clean roots from scratch for any distribution
or distribution variation supported.

This clean build root can be used to run jailed services, create disk
images, or build clean packages.

mach can currently set up roots for the following distributions:
- Red Hat 7.0 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS)
- Red Hat 7.1 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS)
- Red Hat 7.2 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS, JPackage)
- Red Hat 7.3 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS, JPackage)
- Red Hat 8.0 (basic, updated, Fedora, JPackage, GStreamer, FreshRPMS)
- Red Hat 9   (basic, updated, Fedora, JPackage, GStreamer, FreshRPMS)
- Fedora Core 0.94 (basic, updated)
- Fedora Core 0.95 (basic, updated)
- SuSE 8.1/8.2
- Yellowdog Linux 2.3 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS)
- Yellowdog Linux 3.0 (basic, updated, FreshRPMS)
- Dave/Dina oven/fridge