cvs head? initdb? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From elein
Subject cvs head? initdb?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
What is the status of CVS head?  Isn't it in sync
with 7.4.RC2?  I just upgraded from CVS and rebuilt
clean and initdb now gives this lovely informative
initdb failed message.

I haven't had trouble previously with cvs head or
other versions.

$ sudo make install
PostgreSQL installation complete.
/local/src/postgres-cvs/pgsql[elein:cookie]
$ type initdb
initdb is hashed (/local/pghead/bin/initdb)
/local/src/postgres-cvs/pgsql[elein:cookie]
$ initdb
The database cluster will be initialized with locales COLLATE:  C CTYPE:    en_US MESSAGES: en_US MONETARY: en_US
NUMERIC: en_US TIME:     en_US

initdb: failed
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/local/pghead/data"
creating directory "/local/pghead/data" ... /local/src/postgres-cvs/pgsql[elein:cookie]

elein@varlena.com                             www.varlena.com               PostgreSQL Consulting & Support

PostgreSQL General Bits   http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/