Re: About the partial tarballs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: About the partial tarballs
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Marko Karppinen wrote:

> I agree that the partial tarballs can confuse an ftp user, though. I
> think a good solution to this would be to put them one level deeper,
> into a subfolder. The full tarball would then be the only thing a casual
> user would encounter, but the source-based port systems could still
> benefit from the partial tarballs.

I don't agree, but if you can suggest improved working to:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/README.dist-split

to reduce the confusion, that would be great.  I've just symlink'd it into
the source directories as the .message, so that its displays when you
enter the directory ...