Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:08:08AM -0400, Daniel E. Fisher wrote:

> >From the backup to the current php.ini file... this is what was changed...
> Looks like an autoupdate on php happened.
>
> This was turned off in the current php.ini

Huh, it doesn't sound like it could affect the Postgres support.
However what could have happenned (I've seen it) is that there was some
previous change that didn't take effect because the server wasn't
restarted.  So if this is your first httpd restart in some time, you
better start investigating...

If you are having updates applied behind your back, maybe the libpq
shared library changed version (libpq.so.2 -> libpq.so.3), and now PHP
is failing to load it.  Read your server logs ...

"You knock on that door or the sun will be shining on places inside you
that the sun doesn't usually shine" (en Death: "The High Cost of Living")