Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs.
Date
List pgsql-general
El Jue 09 Oct 2003 13:05, Andrew Sullivan escribió:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:52:36AM -0600, scott.marlowe wrote:
> > Fact:  If you write your application to work with ODBC -> MySQL
> > connectivity, you can write a closed source app and sell it for money and
>
> Fact: nobody's ever tested any of this in court, so you're basically
> risking it.
>
> I think if people want legal advice about the status of MySQL's
> claims about GPL, they'd best consult a lawyer who knows a lot about
> software licenses.

How about making a consult to the lawer that writes in "Linux Journal",
Lawrence Rosen. I'm not sure if he still writes for LJ, but he can be caught
at www.lawrencerosen.com (well, the site says it's under construction).

By the way, the legal problemas are even more difficult then anyone can
imagine. They change from country to country.

--
 08:32:01 up 7 days, 18:09,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.23, 0.37
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar