Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
Oliver,

> I think instead of thinking about where to put the
> information about tuning, someone should provide a
> "pgsql-autotune". Maybe even a shell script would do the
> trick.

Well, you see, there's the issue.  "I think someone."  Lots of people have
spoken in favor of an "auto-conf" script; nobody so far has stepped forward
to get it done for 7.4, and I doubt we have time now.

I'll probably create a Perl script in a month or so, but not before that ....

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions