Re: Need a good slogan to use for ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Need a good slogan to use for ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,

> Hmmm ... if this is for a general-purpose PostgreSQL t-shirt, I'm not
> sure I can come up with a slogan because I'm not clear on why we're
> using the cartoon.  I mean, it's a fun cartoon, but what does it say
> about PostgreSQL?

That was why I needed/wanted a slogan ... :)  We had originally used the
cartoon for the whole SePICK CRM stuff ... but I figured if we could put
some words to it, the cartoon *could* say so much ...

> The only suggestion I would have would be something along the lines of:
> "Strong enough to carry your whole company."

Oh, I like this one ...

> Speaking of t-shirts, we're going to want several for Comdex, and I'll
> need one for PHPCon.  Just for the attendees; I don't think we're
> allowed to sell anything for Comdex.
>
> How much lead time do you need?  I'll ask attendees about sizes.

Depends ... most stuff should already be in stock, so its just a matter of
delivery time, but the sooner the better ...