Re: About pgAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: About pgAdmin III
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Lundi 8 Septembre 2003 00:12, vous avez écrit :
> there is a problem fitting greek translations in the
> dialogs. The same occurs with some other languages
> too.

Dear Yannis,

Your translation was publised. Thanks for your fast delivery.

To answer your question from my point of view:

- Dialogs we designed with English text, with approx. 30% more space left. We
ask translators to shorten their messages in order to fit in the given space.
Sometimes it is difficult. We can only rely on the experience of translators
to tell a dialog is large enough or not.

- Here and there, problems may arise. In the case of French, I had problems
with the "Option" and "Export data to file" dialogs. These two dialogs
probably need enlargement.

Yiannis, could you outline the dialogs which were difficult to translate into
Greek after shortening messages?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré