Re: Linux2.6 overcommit behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Linux2.6 overcommit behaviour
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 28 August 2003 17:11, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Yes, in 2.6, which is not yet released. Even after it is released I
> expect it to take some time to bed down and make its way into vendor
> releases, if the history of 2.4 is anything to go by.

Better late than never. I sincerely hope that it lives by the expectations..

> Incidentally, it looks to me like it is only in 2.6 if your kernel is
> built with CONFIG_SECURITY, which I expect most will be.

No. It isn't. Just checked the config file. It isn't set. But I haven't tried
setting overcommit as well.

BTW, what is the sway of switching disk IO scheduler in 2.6? Could not find
any references to sysctl switching. Andrew Morton's TODO list still list it
as TODO.

So am I stuck with whatever disk scheduler it's bundled with?
Shridhar