Fwd: installing postgres7.3.4 problem II - Mailing list pgsql-general

From javier garcia - CEBAS
Subject Fwd: installing postgres7.3.4 problem II
Date
Re: Fwd: installing postgres7.3.4 problem II  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-general
Please, disregard my last message. I've discovered that in "password" file it
was mentioned a path '/var/lib/psql' where Mandrake distro installed postres
previously. I've solved it.

But I still have another problem:

A later step in Postgres installation instructions says:
"/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >logfile 2>&1 &"
and with this I obtain:
"bash: logfile: Dennied permission"

I don't know bash either, so I can't understand the problem.

Could you give me a hand?

Javier