Re: move to usenet? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jules Alberts
Subject Re: move to usenet?
Date
List pgsql-general
Op 19 Aug 2003 (15:35), schreef The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org>:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jules Alberts wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > This is not a troll and I certainly don't want to start a holy war but
> > wouldn't it be a good idea to move the postgresql lists from the
> > mailing list approach to usenet? IMHO it's more open and easier to
> > work with. As it is now, there are some postgreql usenet groups but
> > hardly anything happens there.
>
> connect to news.us.postgresql.org or news.fr.postgresql.org if you want
> to get all messages/groups ... they are all gate'd ... if anyone out
> there is running a news server that is willing to provide a relay point,
> please contact me, and we'll work on getting a feed in place ...

Thanks for the tip. I can't find these groups on usenet, but I will ask
my provider if he can get them, shouldn't be a problem. Another
question: are these groups only a reflection of the mailinglist, or is
it also possible to do postings there. Will these be visible to the
mailinglist?