Re: Buglist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Buglist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 19 August 2003 21:03, Vivek Khera wrote:
> Tops on my wish list is that postgres automatically notice when a row
> is no longer needed (all transactional references to it are gone) and
> 'free' it at that time, rather then needing a special scan to
> determine the row is no longer needed and freeing it.

Heh.. we have autovacuum right. Well it does not work the way you want but it
works automatically at least.

Couple of releases down the line it will be good enough and vacuum problems
will be history if people take care to setup autovacuum and FSM parameters
correctly..

 Shridhar