Re: Why the duplicate messages to pgsql-general? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Why the duplicate messages to pgsql-general?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 15 Aug 2003 at 10:36, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > In Evolution, I am able to do "Actions->Reply to List"  Outlook 97
> > doesn't have such a feature, but I'm sure that MozMail, Pine and Mutt
> > do.
>
> On the same topic, quite a few other lists I have sunscribed to rewrite reply
> to header to list. IMO it's quite handy.
>
> Can this be done for PG lists as well. It's good for archive's health..

Actually, with Majordomo2, this can be done on an individual basis ...
send a 'help set' commadn to majordomo@postgresql.org to see everythign
that is available, but the one you are looking for, I think, is:

=======
The eliminatecc setting controls courtesy copy elimination. If this
setting is enabled, and your address appears in the To: or Cc: headers of
a posted message, Majordomo will not send an additional copy to you.
This helps to cut down on many of those annoying duplicates that are
often received, but it deprives you of the additional processing that
Majordomo does on a message (subject prefixes, additional headers,
etc.).

     eliminatecc   - turns CC elimination on
     noeliminatecc - turns it off
========