Re: Support contracts (was Re: Commercial support?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Support contracts (was Re: Commercial support?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 17:46:59 -0700,
  Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

>     While I personally would want to keep a low profile if I were as
> impressive a resource as some of the people on this list, I can say for
> certain that I've got good answers to difficult questions (with
> patches) from Tom Lane far faster than I've got worthless answers to
> simple questions while on contract with competing database vendors.

But Tom Lane doesn't scale. As Postgres becomes more popular, it will be
harder to get personal attention from him. Something could also happen
to him that would prevent or greatly reduce his capacity for helping
people out.