Re: Package naming conventions - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Package naming conventions
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Saturday 09 August 2003 21:21, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> ANYWAY: I am rebuilding betas with pgadmin3-0.9.0-1.rpm and will upload
> them during the night. It will take me some time because I have to rebuild
> wxWindows as well. I missed the information to upgrade to 20030722...

Dear friends,

Raphaël wrote me that the required wxWindows version was 20030707, this is OK
for me. To sum up the RPM thing which differs slightlly from Debian:

1) CVS snapshots are numbered:
pgadmin3-{version}-cvs{date}.rpm
pgadmin3-0.9.0-cvs20030809.rpm

2) FTP uploads are numbered:
pgadmin3-{version}-{build}.rpm
pgadmin3-0.9.0-1.rpm

Build should be 1, 2, 3, etc...
When you release a new {version}, the {build} goes back to 1.

Agreed? On your reply, I will rebuild the packages.
Cheers, Jean-Michel