Re: CVSROOT/modules: earthdistance... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: CVSROOT/modules: earthdistance...
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Joe Conway wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > Since we are in beta, it should be relatively safe to do ... if I were to
> > scheduale 'shutting down and re-merging' the various modules back into one
> > big one again for 11pm tonight, would everyone be okay with that?  It
> > would mean that all checkin's have to be done before then, and you will
> > have to re-checkout CVS once finished, as your existing CVS will not be
> > valid anymore ...
> >

> What's the process for cvsup users? Anything specific we need to do, or
> does cvsup handle that transparently?

As far as I know ... it should be transparent ... CVS saves "paths" in the
CVS subdirectory, which is where it gets screwed up when moving things
around ... cvsup, AFAIK, only takes the output of cvs checkout and works
with that ...